Sunday, July 28, 2013

Keep Moving Forward

For the past two weeks, I've been packing all of my belongings into boxes, like I always do at the end of summer. The time always feels like it goes by so fast--working, training, and spending time with family-- but it's finally time to move back up to Atlanta and leave my hometown, where I've been for the past two months. 
I feel like I'm always trying to adjust to a new place once I finally get settled in, but I guess that's just how things are at my age. Due to the school year, I'm always traveling back up to Atlanta around this time. Even though I had planned to take a year off of school, I realized it might be a smarter decision to just go to school part-time. This way, I am still moving forward with my education, but I will still be able to train full-time and do everything that I had planned to do in the next year with tournaments. Dealing with all of these important aspects of my life has been pretty stressful lately, but I am ultimately really content with the decisions that I have made.    
      Since I haven't been taking classes this summer, I've been working at my dad's Doctor's office, trying to save up money for the rest of the year. It has been nice to make some extra cash and spend my days with Dad, but working from 8am-5pm every day can really takes it toll--especially since I drive one hour to train at ZicroBJJ in Tallahassee, Florida every night after work. You could say that I've been pretty busy for the past couple of months, but I really do enjoy my job and ending my nights on the mats is just an added plus.
I've had a great summer with everybody in my small hometown, but it's time to get back to the real world, living and doing things on my own again. For now, it's just the process of getting settled back into a new place, changing my schedule, and getting adjusted to the city lifestyle again. I can't wait to spend my long days at the Alliance gym and work hard to achieving my goals. After having a couple of months off of competing, I'm more than ready to step back on to the competition mats and do what I love to do best. Next stop, Chicago Open! Ouss! 
--Morgan Beverly 




No comments:

Post a Comment