Friday, April 5, 2013

Overcoming Obstacles


There is something in life for everyone to be passionate about and live for. For me, that would be MMA. Training is my passion, and it is something that I cannot live without. It didn't take long for me to discover how much you have to want something in order for it to happen. You cannot just be interested in an achievement. You have to fully pursue it. Every person has their own individual view on how you should live your life, what is and isn't acceptable, and what choices you should or shouldn't make. But because everybody has different dreams and a different idea of what life really is, there is not one single answer. For me, I will never be content with mediocrety. I want to be the best. I think we can push our bodies past what most people think. Being a girl fighter can be extremely tough in many ways, but I have never doubted my belonging to the sport. I will be the womens 115lb champion before I rest. Fighting for a dream that many cannot understand will always bring conflict, but if you look past that and look at the beauty this lifestyle brings to us, it is more than worth the fight. Great things happen by fighting for the dream.

However, I have learned very quickly how hard this sport can be, both physically and mentally. In everything we do, there will always be setbacks. There will always be something to make your goal a little more difficult to achieve. I have been thinking, and I have figured out that those obstacles actually make us love this passion ever more. When you get hurt or held back from something you are working towards, it makes you want to prove something. You want the world to know you are stronger and better. That no matter what comes at you, you can handle it and beat it. More importantly, you want to prove to yourself that you can handle everything that comes your way in order to achieve the ultimate goal of being the best. 
When someone is passionate about something, they cannot get enough of it. The world is not perfect, and just because you love something doesn't mean that the world will go easier on you. The best are not the best because they just wanted to be the best. They are not the best because they wanted a cool experience. They are the best because they couldn't live without something they loved. Every time they got knocked down, they got right back up and hit harder. To be the best, you cannot get discouraged. You have to take what is given to you or look at what has been taken from you, and figure out how to work with those circumstances. Nothing is handed to you without flaws. The objective is to be the best, not at what you do, but to be the best at handling every obstacle that comes with a goal. 
--Jennifer Darr

No comments:

Post a Comment